Thursday, January 7, 2010

No new pics but almost done

I've gone through a lot of tedious steps with my terminators. From black I coated them with Codex Grey. I then gave them Armor Wash cause I wanted to darken them up in the recesses. This left them mostly black again. Then I painted them Dark Angels Green and I really liked how they looked like that. However to shake things up I decided to give them a wash of Blue Ink... which left them mostly blue. >:X

I was feeling a little stupid at this point and didn't touch them for a day or two but once I did I saw that the blue had faded a bunch when they dried and looked a very cool green color with dark blue/black in the deepest parts. I then proceeded to dry brush/over brush/stipple all of the armor with Snot Green. This is where I'm at now and I like how they look. I just have another dry brush session of Scorpion Green, maybe another wash (watered down) of Blue Ink, and then on to the dangly bits which only need a dash of Bleached Bone and Dwarf Bronze.

Hopefully I'll get some time to paint tomorrow. :P

Coming next week: Dragon Mage!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment